The Garmin Vivosmart HR+ (VS HR+) is the perfect fitness watch because it measures GPS, Heart Rate, steps, Intensity Minutes, floors, and pace. The purpose of this post is to explain workarounds for things that the Vivosmart HR+ does less than perfectly.
Keeping a Streak Alive
- Problem: The Garmin VS HR+ may adjust your steps downward if you vet your steps through TrueUp. If the downward adjustment occurs after midnight, you will not have an opportunity to add additional steps to your previous day. You may break your streak of making your goal daily.
- Solution: Check your computer’s Garmin Connect totals each evening. The internet version of Garmin Connect will never subtract steps. Here is how to keep a streak alive:
- The only accurate count of your steps, runs, or floors is on your computer’s Garmin Connect. Neither your watch nor your cell phone shows a vetted count.
- At the end of your day, sync out your daily totals. Do the sync before midnight, as when steps are lost, it is during the transition from one day to another. Turn on your computer and navigate to Garmin Connect. Verify that your counts are at the levels that you need for your streaks. If the wi-fi sync is incorrect, try a direct sync by connecting your watch to the internet via a USB connection on your computer.
- If Garmin Connect on your computer shows the daily totals that you know to be correct or adequate, you are assured that these numbers will not decrease in the future. Your streak is safe for another day.
- If Garmin Connect on your computer shows the daily totals that you know to be low due to an incorrect TrueUp vetting process, you must continue to step, run, or climb until you again reach your daily goals. Sync again. Check Garmin Connect on your computer again. Repeat until you see the vetted numbers that you need for your streak. If you see vetted numbers that satisfy your streak, your streak is safe for another day.
- Conclusion: Only the online version of Garmin Connect verifies your data. Your watch and your cell phone do not display final Garmin TrueUp data. You must verify your totals each day online with Garmin Connect. Do not rely on your watch or your cell phone for accurate daily counts if you are maintaining a streak of goal days.
Tags: Garmin; Vivosmart; HR+; TrueUp; lost data; Elevate; heart rate monitor; Bluetooth; lost connections; goal streaks; recording an exercise; supported watches; unsupported watches; edit the exercise data.